Posts tagged ‘Chimney monitor’
Our system was chosen to be included in the Listed Heritage Shopping section of The Listed Property Owners Club Magazine.
Listed Heritage Magazine is a high quality magazine which is distributed to 19,000 listed property club members.
The Thatch Alert Chimney Monitor System has been specifically designed to monitor the temperature of the chimney brickwork at the point where it meets the thatch. The system acts as an early warning device to inform the home owner of potential high temperatures.
Thatching Advisory Services were asked to speak at the Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) – Southern Branch AGM in Newbury on Friday 23rd November.
The theme of the AGM was ‘Fire! Fire in Historic Buildings: Prevention, Reaction and Repair’ The event was well attended with more that 60 people present from a wide range of backgrounds to include Conservation, Architects, Building Control, Surveyors etc.
Rob Norcott one of the Directors at Thatching Advisory Services was pleased to be able to share information, knowledge and experience with those who attended the event.
Rob’s presentation themed around ‘reducing risk of fire in thatching buildings’ covered many areas such as:
- The Issues – Contributing factors for Thatch Fires
- Common Causes – Heat Transfer & Ejected Embers from Chimney’s
- Solutions – Covering general good practice, chimney’s and flue linings
- Products – Covering our range for fire barriers and systems to include:
- TAS100 Thatch Fireboard – Rigid barrier
- Thatch Firewall Membrane – Flexible barrier
- Thatchbatts® – Non-combustible insulation
- Thatchsayf – Fire Retardant Spray
- Thatch Alert – Chimney Monitoring System
Rob was also able to discuss and answer questions about suitable product testing and provenance, plus how products comply with the criteria’s set out in Building Regulations and the ‘Dorset Model’.
Thatching Advisory Services have recently updated and re-written their fire protection for thatched homes leaflet. The leaflet contains information on the different thatch fire protection products and systems available, including – TAS100 Thatch Fireboard, Thatch Firewall Membrane, Thatchbatts®, Thatchsayf – Fire Retardant Spray and our chimney monitor system, the TAS-33 Thatch Alert .